Motto: Living and Learning Together
Vision: To be an outstanding rural school where care, curiosity, innovation and progressive practices ensure students thrive in an ever-changing world.
Mission: In order to fulfil this vision, we nurture our students to:
- be independent lifelong learners who are well equipped to meet the challenges of an ever changing world
- think and learn through problem solving
- achieve personal success and excellence
- demonstrate ethical, social and environmental responsibility
- be active, happy, engaged and productive citizens.
At Birregurra Primary School we value:
- Integrity in all of our actions, words and endeavours;
- Commitment to each other and persisting in all that we do;
- Respect for ourselves, each other and the environment;
- Responsibility for our own learning and behaviour;
- Tolerance to accept and value differences in others;
- Teamwork - learning together to achieve the best possible outcomes for all.
We apply these values in our everyday dealings with each other and in the development of our programs and policies.
In our school community these values are demonstrated when:
- learners are at the centre of our teaching and learning
- teaching and learning programs encourage deep understanding and a sense of the importance of learning
- students have the opportunity to learn in a positive, caring environment and are encouraged to become self-motivated, life-long learners
- all students are encouraged to achieve their personal best in all that they do
- members of the school community show great confidence in one another and themselves
- students, teachers and parents feel that they are treated fairly at all times
- students are encouraged to work cooperatively and collaboratively with their peers and other members of the school community, and to be active and responsible citizens.